(RADIATOR) duplicating accounting requests

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri May 7 09:31:54 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 18:28, Hugh Irvine wrote:
> Hello Jesse -
>
> Yes it is very easy to do what you describe with Radiator.
>
> The exact details will depend on what else you are doing in your
> configuration file, but you will need to use an AuthBy RADIUS clause to
> proxy the accounting requests to the billing server.
>
> Something like this would work:
>
> <Realm ....>
> 	AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
> 	# proxy to billing server
> 	<AuthBy RADIUS>
> 		Host ....
> 		Secret ....
> 		AcctPort ....
> 		IgnoreAuthentication
> 		IgnoreAccountingResponse
> 	</AuthBy>
> 	# your normal AuthBy
> 	<AuthBy ....>
> 	</AuthBy>
> </Realm>

OK. I see what you are doing above. I'm just a little confused by the AuthByPolicy.

We currently use this:

<Handler Realm=wingnet.net>
   # Grab just the user portion
   RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
     PasswordLogFileName %L/pw.%Y.%m
     AcctLogFileName    %L/detail.wingnet
     AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
        <AuthBy FILE>

                Filename %D/users.filter
        </AuthBy>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                # don't fall through to DEFAULT if a users check item failed
                NoDefaultIfFound

                Filename %D/users
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

We MUST check the 'users.filter' file so we can block certain users. The 'users.filter'
file contains a blank DEFAULT for when the user doesn't exist in users.filter. Then
Radiator moves on to the real authentication clause where it checks the 'users' file.

And I am unsure if placing this:

 	<AuthBy RADIUS>
 		Host ....
 		Secret ....
 		AcctPort ....
 		IgnoreAuthentication
 		IgnoreAccountingResponse
 	</AuthBy>

Before my first AuthBy FILE would prevent Radiator from checking the
AuthBy FILE because the AuthBy RADIUS is returning an Ignore instead
of an Accept. The documentation is a little unclear about that.

Any ideas? (Thanks for the help, BTW!)

> This topic has been discussed previously on the mailing list:
>
> 	www.open.com.au/archives/radiator

Do you normally use google to search that or what? That's the most unfriendly
mail archive I've seen in a while.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au