(RADIATOR) Problem with accounting DateFormat

Tim Russ tim.russ at vmsl.co.nz
Thu Mar 4 17:28:08 CST 2004

I have Radiator running as a service on a Windows 2000 Server,
authenticating and (occasionally) logging to an Oracle database.

<AuthBy SQL>
	DBSource dbi:Oracle:DB_SID
	DBUsername db_user
	DBAuth db_pass

	AuthSelect select password from accounts where username=%0 and
enabled=1

	AccountingTable accounting

	HandleAcctStatusTypes Stop

	DateFormat %d-%v-%Y %H:%M:%S

	AcctColumnDef username,User-Name
	AcctColumnDef nasport,NAS-Port,integer
	AcctColumnDef stoptime,Timestamp,integer-date
	AcctColumnDef sessiontime,Acct-Session-Time,integer
	AcctColumnDef frameipaddress,%{Framed-IP-Address},formatted
	AcctColumnDef bytesin,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
	AcctColumnDef bytesout,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
	AcctColumnDef terminatecause,Acct-Terminate-Cause
</AuthBy>

Using RADPWTST (perl c:\perl\bin\radpwtst -s localhost -user test -password
password -session_time 27 -framed_ip_address 192.168.1.13 -nostart -nas_port
6) I end up with the following in the logfile.

Fri Mar  5 11:47:34 2004: ERR: do failed for 'insert into accounting
(bytesin,bytesout,frameipaddress,nasport,sessiontime,stoptime,username)
values (20000,30000,'192.168.1.13',6,27,'05-%v-2004 11:47:33','test')':
ORA-01843: not a valid month (DBD: oexec error)

Why is the '%v" not substituting for the abbreviated month?

I tried switching to use 'AcctColumnDef
stoptime,Timestamp,formatted-date,to_date('%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S','DD-MM-YYYY
HH24:MI:SS')' instead, but now I get the following in the logfile.

Fri Mar  5 12:17:59 2004: ERR: Could not load Date::Format for
formatted-date: Can't locate Date/Format.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .
C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at C:/Perl/site/lib/Radius/AuthSQL.pm line
308.
Fri Mar  5 12:17:59 2004: DEBUG: do query is: 'insert into accounting
(bytesin,bytesout,frameipaddress,nasport,sessiontime,username) values
(20000,30000,'192.168.1.13',6,27,'test')':

I can't (with PPM) find Date::Format anywhere.

I have tried using %F, but that is not substituted for a formatted date as
per the documentation either.

By commenting out the AcctColumnDef stoptime... line I have had rows
inserted into my accounting table, so I know that much is working, it's just
the dates I'm having problems with.

Any clues?

Tim Russ
Customer Service Manager
E-Mail: tim.russ at vmsl.co.nz
DDI: (+64) 6 377 7835
Mobile: (+64) 21 390 263
Vending Management Services Ltd
http://www.vmsl.co.nz

CAUTION: This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify Vending Management
Services Limited immediately.  Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of
Vending Management Services Limited.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au