(RADIATOR) Windows questions (Win32::Lsa & Perl versions)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jun 24 17:24:19 CDT 2004

Hi Mariano -

How nice to hear from you.

On 25 Jun 2004, at 07:59, Mariano Absatz wrote:

> Hi Hugh, Mike... long time no see :-)

> I've been asked to install Radiator in a Windows server :-(((((

Radiator runs fine on Windows.

> First thing I noticed is the recommendation to avoid ActivePerl 5.8.0,
> so I
> installed 5.6.1... however, does the current (5.8.4) ActivePerl also
> have
> problems?

The problems with Perl 5.8 have been resolved, so go ahead with the
latest ActivePerl.

> Other thing... I have to authenticate using a windows PDC in another
> server
> (NT4).

OK.

> As I misundertood <AuthBy ADSI> (I thought it would only authenticate
> users
> in an W2K or newer AD), I thought I ahd to use <AuthBy NT>, but the
> manual
> pointed me to <AuthBy LSA>...
>
> So I tried to
> ppm install --location=http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads \
>                                 Win32-Lsa
>
> But I can't install this package at all... it seems to include the man
> pages
> reasonably named Win32::Lsa.3pm... that is, reasonably unless you're
> in a
> windows machine which won't allow me to have a filename including a ':'
> character.
>
> The error says:

> =
> C:\>ppm install
> --location=http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads
> Win32-Lsa
> Installing package 'Win32-Lsa'...
> Downloading
> http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads/MSWin32-x86-multi-
> thread/Win32-Lsa.ppm.tar.gz ...
> Could not open file 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Win32-Lsa-
> 548\blib\man3\Win32::Lsa.3pm': Invalid argument at
> c:/Perl/site/lib/PPM.pm
> line 362
> Could not extract 'blib/man3/Win32::Lsa.3pm' at
> c:/Perl/site/lib/PPM.pm line
> 362
>
> Failed to expand tarball: Could not extract 'blib/man3/Win32::Lsa.3pm'
> at
> c:/Perl/site/lib/PPM.pm line 363.
> =
>
> Is there a way to avoid this?
>
> Shouldn't this be happening to everyone trying to install this?

We have had another recent report of this same problem so I have
forwarded your mail to Mike seperately and I hope to hear back from him
later today.

> Does the Win32::Lsa module make any sense in a non-windows machine?

No - it is for Windows only.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au