(RADIATOR) Windows questions (Win32::Lsa & Perl versions)

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Thu Jun 24 16:59:38 CDT 2004

Hi Hugh, Mike... long time no see :-)

I've been asked to install Radiator in a Windows server :-(((((

First thing I noticed is the recommendation to avoid ActivePerl 5.8.0, so I
installed 5.6.1... however, does the current (5.8.4) ActivePerl also have
problems?

Other thing... I have to authenticate using a windows PDC in another server
(NT4).

As I misundertood <AuthBy ADSI> (I thought it would only authenticate users
in an W2K or newer AD), I thought I ahd to use <AuthBy NT>, but the manual
pointed me to <AuthBy LSA>...

So I tried to
ppm install --location=http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads \
                                Win32-Lsa

But I can't install this package at all... it seems to include the man pages
reasonably named Win32::Lsa.3pm... that is, reasonably unless you're in a
windows machine which won't allow me to have a filename including a ':'
character.

The error says:

C:\>ppm install --location=http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads
Win32-Lsa
Installing package 'Win32-Lsa'...
Downloading http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads/MSWin32-x86-multi-
thread/Win32-Lsa.ppm.tar.gz ...
Could not open file 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Win32-Lsa-
548\blib\man3\Win32::Lsa.3pm': Invalid argument at c:/Perl/site/lib/PPM.pm
line 362
Could not extract 'blib/man3/Win32::Lsa.3pm' at c:/Perl/site/lib/PPM.pm line
362

Failed to expand tarball: Could not extract 'blib/man3/Win32::Lsa.3pm' at
c:/Perl/site/lib/PPM.pm line 363.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Shouldn't this be happening to everyone trying to install this?

Does the Win32::Lsa module make any sense in a non-windows machine?

I'm using a W2K pro machine (I don't have the precise release at hand), and
I'm using Radiator 3.9 evaluation version with the latest (as of this
morning) ActivePerl 5.6.1 build...

TIA

--
Mariano Absatz