(RADIATOR) Windows questions (Win32::Lsa & Perl versions)

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Thu Jun 24 17:41:46 CDT 2004

El 25 Jun 2004 a las 8:24, Hugh Irvine escribió:

> Hi Mariano -
>
> How nice to hear from you.
:-)
You only hear from me when I have a new installation/configuration
(sufficiently different to the previous) to prepare... all the old ones 'just
work' and _NEVER_ have problems (knock on wood).

> On 25 Jun 2004, at 07:59, Mariano Absatz wrote:
>
> > Hi Hugh, Mike... long time no see :-)
>
> > I've been asked to install Radiator in a Windows server :-(((((
> >

> Radiator runs fine on Windows.
I know... _I_ don't run fine on Windows servers :-)

> > First thing I noticed is the recommendation to avoid ActivePerl 5.8.0,
> > so I
> > installed 5.6.1... however, does the current (5.8.4) ActivePerl also
> > have
> > problems?
> >

> The problems with Perl 5.8 have been resolved, so go ahead with the
> latest ActivePerl.
OK... maybe the install docs should be upgraded, then.

> > Shouldn't this be happening to everyone trying to install this?
> >

> We have had another recent report of this same problem so I have
> forwarded your mail to Mike seperately and I hope to hear back from him
> later today.
OK... so at least I'm not creazy...

> > Does the Win32::Lsa module make any sense in a non-windows machine?
> >

> No - it is for Windows only.
Then, I wonder how do windows machines normally cope with the '::' chars?

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au