(RADIATOR) Different NAS types.

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Tue Feb 24 09:44:15 CST 2004

Hi.
I'm tryin to treat different type of RADIUS message in my configuration
file.  I have around 7 different NAS devices, all sending accounting
information to my Radiator Server, the accounting information is all treated
by the Realm DEFAULT, as you can see in part of my radius.cfg file:

<Realm DEFAULT>
        # Look up user details in a flat file
        <AuthBy SQL>
                DBSource        dbi:Oracle:desadb
                DBUsername      radius
                DBAuth          radius

                AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
                AcctColumnDef   FECHA,%F
                AcctColumnDef   CALLLEGSETUPTIME,cisco-h323-setup-time
                AcctColumnDef   GATEWAYIDENTIFIER,cisco-h323-gw-id
                AcctColumnDef   CONNECTIONID,cisco-h323-conf-id
                AcctColumnDef   CALLLEGDIRECTION,cisco-h323-call-origin
                AcctColumnDef   CALLLEGTYPE,cisco-h323-call-type
                AcctColumnDef   CALLLEGCONNECTTIME,cisco-h323-connect-time
                AcctColumnDef
CALLLEGDISCONNECTTIME,cisco-h323-disconnect-time
                AcctColumnDef
CALLLEGDISCONNECTCAUSE,cisco-h323-disconnect-cause
                AcctColumnDef   REMOTEGATEWAYIPADDRESS,NAS-IP-Address
                AcctColumnDef   VOICEQUALITY,cisco-h323-voice-quality
                AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
                AcctColumnDef   NASPORTTYPE,Nas-Port-Type
                AcctColumnDef   CALLINGSTATIONID,Calling-Station-Id
                AcctColumnDef   CALLEDSTATIONID,Called-Station-Id
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCT,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCT,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTPKTS,Acct-Input-Packets,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTPKTS,Acct-Output-Packets,integer
        </AuthBy>

        # Log accounting to a detail file. %D is replaced by DbDir above
        AcctLogFileFormat %i/%g/%f,%H:%M:%S,%{cisco-h323-setup-time},\
%{cisco-h323-gw-id},%{cisco-h323-conf-id},%{cisco-h323-call-origin},%{cisco-
h323-call-type},%{cisco-h323-connect-time}\
%{cisco-h323-disconnect-time},%{cisco-h323-disconnect-cause},%{NAS-IP-Addres
s},%{cisco-h323-voice-quality},%{User-Name},\
%{Nas-Port-Type},%{Calling-Station-Id},%{Called-Station-Id},%{Acct-Status-Ty
pe},%{Acct-Session-Id},%{Acct-Session-Time}\
,%{Acct-Output-Octets},%{Acct-Input-Octets},%{Acct-Ouput-Packets},%{Acct-Inp
ut-Packets}
        AcctLogFileName logs/%Y/%q-%d-%v-%Y.csv
</Realm>

As  i mentioned,  the NAS devices sends the accounting information to the
Radiator Server, but also when one of this devices is accessed by telnet, it
sends login information in the Authentication and Authorization Radius
packets.  So, what i want to do is have different treatment for the two
types of messages (maybe two REALMS??).  One for the Authentication (when a
NAS is accessed by telnet) and one for the Accounting. (the users reporting
to the NAS).
I was thinking in use maybe a HADLER? , how can i create a hadler that only
accept 5 or 6 different NAS-IP-Address ???

How can i accomplish these task?

Thanks in advance

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au