(RADIATOR) Auth via Oracle function

Ivo Tzvetkov itzvet2 at sus.mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 6 11:23:02 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am setting up radiator to authenticate against an Oracle database.

However, I don't have direct access to the user/pass tables - for
security reasons, I have to send the user & pass through an Oracle function
which will check if the passwords match, and return an ID number if they
do, and FALSE otherwise.

I searched through the docs/faqs, and I concluded that the best/only
way to implement this would be if I wrote a script that would perform
the necessary tasks and integrate it with "AuthBy EXTERNAL".

Is this really the only way to do it or is there already a built-in feature
for such cases?

Thanks,
 -Ivo
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au