(RADIATOR) Authentication Issue - Odyssey and iPaq 5450

Bon sy bon at bunny.cs.qc.edu
Mon Oct 6 11:14:20 CDT 2003

Hi Steve,
	From your calling station ID, it seems like you are using Cisco
wireless gear. I recently played with Meetinghouse client for ipaq 5450. I
could not get it to work too. But my problem is not on the radius
side.

	Our Cisco wireless gear set up uses dynamic key, which Meetinghouse
client does not support. I have no experience with Odyssey client. Based
on your description, if this is the same issue as we encountered, the
solution (as Meetinghouse tech support suggested) is to roll back to use
only static encryption key for the client in order to get it to work. But
then it kind of defeats the whole purpose of setting up strong security
to begin with.

	I am currently exploring an alternative, which is to upgrade my
ipaq 5450 to run Mobile (Pocket PC) 2003. It claims to support 802.1x but
I am still waiting for my order. It would be great if anyone in this
list has experience to share in regard to whether Mobile 2003 will do the
trick with its zero configuration for supporting 802.1x connection..

	Thanks!

Bon

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au