(RADIATOR) Injecting passwords in PreAuthHook.

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri May 30 21:20:31 CDT 2003

Hello Joao

On Fri, 30 May 2003 03:12 am, Joao Pedro Goncalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using <AuthBy LDAP2> to retrieve NAS attributes and it's working
> great, but we want our users to be authenticated against a different
> system in PreAuthHook. We've managed to get it working as a proof of
> concept.
>

> My question is,
> How can i inject the password in the check item lists, so that later
> it will check it as it should, or how do i issue a REJECT directly from
> PreAuthHook, which would be optimal, since there would be one less
> access to the ldap server.

Perhaps you have not realised that it is possible to use multiple AuthBy
clauses one-after the other:

<Handler ...
	AuthByPolicy ...
	# Th first AuthBy always runs:
	<AuthBy LDAP2>
	# If the AuthByPolicy is met, then it will go on th the next one.
	<AuthBy LDAP2>

</Handler>

Its not possible with the standard code base to force a REJECT from a
PreAuthHook.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au