(RADIATOR) Injecting passwords in PreAuthHook.

Frank Danielson fdanielson at csky.com
Thu May 29 16:09:30 CDT 2003

The catch is that a PreAuthHook is not the place to do authentication.
Instead of using a PreAuthHook you could use a PostAuthHook to call the
AuthBy LDAP based on the results of whatever your authentication system
returns. There is an example of calling an AuthBy from a PostAuthHook in
goodies/hooks.txt.

Alternately you could implement your authentication scheme in a custom
AuthBy module and then use an AuthBy policy in a Handler to control the
flow. You could use a config like this-

<Handler>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilReject
	<AuthBy CustomAuthByModule>
		config parameters
	</AuthBy>
	<AuthBy LDAP2>
		LDAP config
	</AuthBy>
</Handler>

Or you could put your hook into a PreHandlerHook and add a fake attribute
that you could use to decide which Handler gets the request-

<Client x.x.x.x>
	PreHandlerHook sub { if (my authenticion scheme) {\
					${$_[0]}->add_attr('Auth','Yes');\
				} else {\
					${$_[0]}->add_attr('Auth','No');\
				}}