(RADIATOR) Wi-Fi - Radius attributes to change the SSID

Denis Pavani d.pavani at cineca.it
Fri May 30 03:54:22 CDT 2003

My experience involves Radiator 3.5 and Cisco AP 340 and 350, so
something could be different.
I've not been able to supply different SSIDs as reply attribute, but
they work as check attributes.
If you can supply this info to your users, then you can check the right
association SSID-user or reject the association to AP.

Hope it helps
Bye

Fernando Romão wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using Radiator 3.6 to create de follow scenario:
>I want auhenticate users of my wireless network campus that belong to my
>institution and proxy users of another instituition to other remote
>Radiator Server. The configuration is working well when authenticating
>users in a unique SSID. But i want to use de radiator to force the AP
>(CISCO AIRONET 1100) to associate a SSID to users of my instituition and
>associate other SSID to users that don't belong to mine. I think the
>configuration is fine but the truth is it isn't working. Doubts: Is the
>problem on my configuration file? Could it be the AP? Or on the XP? Has
>anyone tried this scenario help me?
>
>I received a Accept-Accept but the AP doesn't make the association.
>I used the following configuration file:
>

><Realm institution1>
>	<AuthBy .....>
>	      # I make the proxy here
>		AddToReply cisco-avpair="ssid=instSSID1"
>      <\AuthBy>
>

></Realm>
>
><Realm myinstitution>
>	<AuthBy .....>
>	      # I make the authenticate here
>		AddToReply cisco-avpair="ssid=myinstSSID"
>      <\AuthBy>
></Realm>
>
>            Thanks
>

>===
>Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
>Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
>'unsubscribe radiator' in the body of the message.

Denis Pavani

CINECA    -    Comunicazioni e Sistemi Distribuiti
NOC - Network Operation Center

phone:+39 0516171953 / fax:+39 0516132198
http://www.cineca.it
 "Siamo pagati per adattarci, improvvisare e raggiungere lo scopo"
  -- Gunny Highway

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au