(RADIATOR) Simultaneous-Use Question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Feb 12 18:56:28 CST 2003

Hello William -

On Thursday, Feb 13, 2003, at 11:06 Australia/Melbourne, William Taylor
wrote:

> OK heres what I want to do:
>  I would like to use Simultaneous-Use to limit ports to users.
>  I read that you are supposed to use it as a check item.
>  Im using a PostAuthHook called addReply to add certain attibutes to
> the
> reply based on whats in my database. It will also reject users that are
> mailbox accounts. And not let people who don't have ISDN accounts to
> connect using an ISDN line with a modem only username. In my database I
> have a field called PortLimit and it is a request in my AuthColumnDef.
> Some users have stuff set in here others are null. Is there a way to do
> the Simultaneous-Use check inside my addReply hook?

I would simply provide an AuthSelect that returned the PortLimit field
twice, and use two AuthColumnDef's - one for simultaneous use and the
other for the request.

> Let me know if you need more info.
>
> Also On a side note:
>
>  Is it possible to do this:
>
>   <REALM blah.com>
>     <HANDLER CHAP-PASSWORD = /.*/>
>          <AuthBy FILE>
>            Filename %D/chap-users
>           </AuthBy>
>     </HANDLER>
>         <AuthBySQL>
>             .
>             .
>             .
>         </AuthBy>
>   </REALM>
>
> Basically what I want to do is If they are trying to use CHAP
> Authentication, Auth out of chap-users file.
> Else Auth everyone else ot of my SQL database w/ encrypted passwords.
> I have like three differnt realms so I would like to leave the realms
> in
> there but Radiator doesn't seem to be trying to use the HANDLER. It
> always says its using the REALM.
> Not a huge deal but would make my life easier.

No this won't work, and you should not mix Realms and Handlers in the
same configuration file for this reason.

You can have multiple items in a Handler definition however:

<Handler CHAP-Password = /.*/, Realm = blah.com>
</Handler>

<Handler Realm = blah.com>
</Handler>

You can also have multiple AuthBy clauses in a Realm:

<Realm blah.com>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
	<AuthBy FILE>
	<AuthBy SQL>