(RADIATOR) Simultaneous-Use Question

William Taylor williamt at napanet.net
Wed Feb 12 18:06:38 CST 2003

OK heres what I want to do:
 I would like to use Simultaneous-Use to limit ports to users.
 I read that you are supposed to use it as a check item.
 Im using a PostAuthHook called addReply to add certain attibutes to the
reply based on whats in my database. It will also reject users that are
mailbox accounts. And not let people who don't have ISDN accounts to
connect using an ISDN line with a modem only username. In my database I
have a field called PortLimit and it is a request in my AuthColumnDef.
Some users have stuff set in here others are null. Is there a way to do
the Simultaneous-Use check inside my addReply hook?

Let me know if you need more info.

Also On a side note:

 Is it possible to do this:

  <REALM blah.com>
    <HANDLER CHAP-PASSWORD = /.*/>
         <AuthBy FILE>
           Filename %D/chap-users
          </AuthBy>
    </HANDLER>
        <AuthBySQL>
            .
            .
            .
        </AuthBy>
  </REALM>

Basically what I want to do is If they are trying to use CHAP
Authentication, Auth out of chap-users file.
Else Auth everyone else ot of my SQL database w/ encrypted passwords.
I have like three differnt realms so I would like to leave the realms in
there but Radiator doesn't seem to be trying to use the HANDLER. It
always says its using the REALM.
Not a huge deal but would make my life easier.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au