(RADIATOR) Unauthenticating

John Hoarty jhoarty at hatterasyachts.com
Fri Dec 5 15:36:02 CST 2003

Can anyone help me? I'm desperate. I have one user that has an Aironet 350
card and he is doing great. We have Cisco 1200 series APs. My other 8 users
are using Panasonic Toughbooks with a WLAN security client and Intel's
ProSet wireless software. The WLAN Security Client is where I set the
security protocol being used (LEAP) and the LEAP username and password for
that user. The Intel ProSet app is where I set whether authentication is
"open", "shared" or "none", and where I enter the WEP key if used. ALL of my
users are hitting the Radiator and the Radiator is dutifully authenticating
everyone. But here's the rub ...

The Panasonic Toughbook users are continually getting "deauthenticated" by
the APs. This causes a loss of connectivity. The access point's log file
will say "Deauthenticating, previous authentication no longer valid". I have
been told that all of my radios need to be on different channels, but that
didn't help. Any LEAP gurus out there? Thanks very much for your help. I
realize that my problem is most likely with the 1200s.

John