(RADIATOR) Acct-Session-Time Questions

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Aug 13 17:09:42 CDT 2003

Hello Dan -

The Acct-Session-Time attribute is received from the NAS and the value
is whatever the NAS has reported. Radiator simply transcribes the
attribute/value pair into the logs. You don't say what type of
accounting requests are shown below, but I would guess they are
"Alive's", in which case the values are probably cumulative. Starting a
new log file will have no effect on the values at all. And yes the
value is a number of seconds - see the radius RFC's for the attribute
definitions (included in the Radiator distribution in the "doc"
directory - "rfc2865.txt" and "rfc2866.txt").

I will need to see a copy of your configuration file (no secrets)
together with a trace 4 debug from Radiator to be able to say any more.
You should also check with your NAS vendor for the details of what is
sent in the accounting records.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au