(RADIATOR) radonline maintenance

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Mon Sep 16 10:51:52 CDT 2002

Hi,

I have a <SessionDatabase SQL> that keeps track of all of the on line users
that come through our NASen.

Most of them are authenticated locally via <AuthBy SQL>, however, some of
them are proxied to customer's radius servers...

We might do PORTLIMITCHECK in the future but, so far, we are not, and we
don't care much about session limits except that we would like to be able to
know "who's where" and to eliminate stale records from radonline...

Also, until the moment we effectively start using some kind of limit, it'd be
nice that Auth records do not generate any SQL query... only Acct-Start's
would generate INSERT's and Acct-Stop's would generate DELETE's.

The manual states the following (in
http://www.open.com.au/radiator/ref.html#pgfId=363126):
... If CountQuery is defined as an empty string, then the query will not be
executed, and the current session count will be fixed at 0.

Does this mean that if I define a <SessionDatabase SQL> with the same
AddQuery and DeleteQuery but with an empty CountQuery, the radonline records
will be kept during Acct-Start's & Stop's but no query will be issued during
Auth-request's?... since it's a proxy authentication, in fact, I won't have
any Simultaneous-Use check-item (or any other, for that matter), since all
authentication will be done at the proxied server.

TIA.

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby