(RADIATOR) Troubles with getting MPPE Keys in Access-Accept

Philipp Kolmann kolmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 11 07:34:28 CDT 2002

Hi!

We use Radiator v3.3 and have troubles getting MPPE Keys back in
Access Accept;
We use Microsoft (2000,XP) VPN Clients to connect to a cisco VPN3030
Concentrator and want to use MPPE Encryption.
Our Problem is, the in the radiator reply packet there are no MPPE Keys
(we use MS-CHAPv1)

Here is the part of our radiator config file:

<snip>
##      VPN Service
<Handler Realm=vpn.tuwien.ac.at,
Client-Identifier=/(terminator|sisko|localhost)/>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
        AuthBy account-sql
        <AuthBy GROUP>
                AutoMPPEKeys    Yes
                AuthBy          radius-sql
                AddToReply      MS-MPPE-Encryption-Policy =
Encryption-Allowed, \
                                MS-MPPE-Encryption-Types  = Encryption-Any
        </Authby>
</Handler>

<snip>

any ideas?

Kind Regards
Philipp Kolmann

Technical University of Vienna

--
To err is human;
to really screw things up requires the root password.
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au