(RADIATOR) unknown ports

Jim Liebgott jliebgot at eni.net
Thu Mar 7 12:20:56 CST 2002

I use Radiator 2.18.3.  I noticed that the server binds to three UDP
ports that aren't listed in my configuration, and appear to have random
port numbers (all greater than 1024).  I am using both the
authentication and accounting features, and I use <AuthBy RADIUS> to
proxy authentication requests.  In the current incarnation of the
daemon, it is bound to 1645 and 1646 (which is expected because I use
those for authentication and accounting) and also 2837, 2789, and 1443.
It seems that there are always three ports, but the port numbers change
over time (it takes perhaps a day to notice a change).  Is this a normal
part of a radius server and/or a normal part of Radiator?  It seems a
bit strange to me that the server is bound to ports that don't appear to
be in use.
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au