(RADIATOR) No AcceptIfMissing option in <AuthBy SQL>

Toomas Kärner tomkar at estpak.ee
Wed Mar 6 00:24:04 CST 2002

Hi everybody,

As I have understood from manuals there is no AcceptIfMissing option in
AuthBy SQL clause in version 2.19?
Why do I need it?
Case is as follows:
First: Administrative account is used to log in from customer premises to
create user account for customer.
Second: Customer logs in with it's newly made user account: If it is
successful an AcctSQLStatment with update will be executed and customer
point of origin will be stored under it's account in the database.
Third: With every Administrative login, customer database is checked if that
point of origin is already in the database (user has the account and has
been able to log in at least  once). If is, then it is compared for example
with protocol (would give a REJECT), if not found then it would give ACCEPT.

This is all possible to configure with AcceptIfMissing keyword but AuthBy
SQL as it  seems to me doesn't support it.
I have overcome this problem by rewriting AuthGeneric.pl (defineing it into
there) but I'm afraid that  then upgrades are not gonna be so easy in the
future.

Rgds.
Toomas Kärner
Head Administrator of DSL