(RADIATOR) Auth by NT group & Radius rejects expired passwords

Richard_Challinor at kaz.com.au Richard_Challinor at kaz.com.au
Fri Jun 28 00:16:26 CDT 2002

We would like Radiator to auth to an NT group on the Domain. But we are
unsure of how to get it working. We have been trying to use the Group =
XXX, but we must have the syntax wrong. If we could get an example
Radius.cfg to copy from someone it would help heaps.

We also have an issue were Radiator rejects expired passwords for clients
logging on. Is there a way to have the client prompted to change the
expired password when dialing in.

I have included a copy of our radius.cfg. Please make explanations simple
as we are newbies. :-)

Thanks
Richard

# define AuthBy clauses

<Realm DEFAULT>
<AuthBy NT>

Identifier CheckPrimary
          Domain KWI_CSBP
          DomainController KWI_NT5

     </AuthBy>

<AuthBy NT>
Identifier CheckBackup
          Domain KWI_CSBP
          DomainController KWDRPNT01

     </AuthBy>

        <AuthBy NT>
                AddToReply Service-Type = Framed-User, \
          Framed-Protocal = PPP, \
          Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254, \
          Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
     </AuthBy>