(RADIATOR) Duplicate request id: ignored

Angel Bustos angelbustos at brujula.net
Thu Jun 27 21:12:53 CDT 2002

Hi Hugh, Dave et al,

I'm receiving just accounting forward from a customer for further
processing, and I've noticed the same problem; a lot of retransmissions
(connectivity with our customer is really good however);

I've followed your advice and i've set explicitly DupInterval to 2 seconds
in our customer's NAS Client clause, and I can see in our logfile lots of
INFO  messages:

Thu Jun 27 22:30:56 2002: INFO: Duplicate request id 28 received from
x.x.x.x(48766): ignored

I understand from this the same thing  Dave pointed: Radiator just
ignore and  discard retransmission without further action, but the
retransmissions ocurred wasting BW in our case

I saw the rfc's in Radiator /doc directory and it seems that radius
protocol cannot sent "rejects" backward to avoid wasting BW by lots of
UDP re-transmissions;
Radiator by itself, could have another feature to avoid this waste of
bandwidth or I'm missing completely the point?

Best regards,

Angel Bustos
angelbustos at brujula.net

Conéctese Gratis a Internet desde http://www.brujula.net/gratis