(RADIATOR) not running from inetd - help!

Shon Stephens sstephens at corp.goamerica.net
Mon Jun 17 15:10:41 CDT 2002

ok. i have corrected some errors in my radius.conf, and in my
/etc/inetd.conf file. here is background

radiator 3.1
solaris 8
/usr/local/radius/bin/radiusd - location of radiusd
/usr/local/radius/conf/radius.conf - location of radius.conf
/usr/local/radius/conf/dictionary - location of radiator dictionary file

/etc/inetd.conf line:
radius  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/local/radius/bin/radiusd
-config_file=/usr/local/radius/conf/radius.conf -foreground

an auth request is sent to my radius server. the request times out. radiusd
does not create any log files or log messages to stdout. however, in the
messages file, i now see this:

Jun 17 16:10:13 ny-www-03 inetd[173]: [ID 842545 daemon.warning]
/usr/local/radius/bin/radiusd: Signal 96

does anyone know what signal 96 is?

thanks,
shon
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au