(RADIATOR) rewriting username and realm seperately

Martin Schmachtel schmadde at syscall.de
Thu Jun 13 03:15:22 CDT 2002

Hello,

I have a need to authenticate users against an LDAP Directory, where
the subtree depends on the realm the User authenticates with. IOW
if a user authenticates as "user at foo.bar" I need to set BaseDN to "foo".
This would be easily done with Rewrite_Username, but then the full
username is gone and I need that in the search filter (the username is
stored as "user at foo.bar" in the Directory.

Any ideas how to do that? Is there a special variable that contains
the unmodified username? Or is it possible to save the original username
in a variable in PreProcessingHook and use it later in the search filter
(ugly I know)? Need I do the LDAP query myself in preprocessinghook?

Any other ideas?

thanks in advance
schmadde
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au