(RADIATOR) Memory leak in one of the modules or perl executable.

Dan Melomedman dmelomed at devonitnet.com
Tue Jul 23 17:54:48 CDT 2002

Hugh Irvine writes:

> Hello Dan -
>
> Mike is travelling this week, but he will look at this when he returns.
>
> In the meantime, can you please tell me how you are testing? And could you
> also send me the details of how you are testing and the outputs of "ps",
> "top" or whatever you are using to measure the memory usage? Also please
> include anything else that might be useful in tracing the problem.
>
> thanks and regards
>
> Hugh

I am running radpwtst on the same machine recursively with a simple bash
script, which does a correct query. Radiator authenticates using AuthBy
TEST. Until I stop it.

This is before the script is run:

ps auxw | egrep 'CPU|radiusd'

USER        PID  %CPU  %MEM  VSZ  RSS  TT  STAT  STARTED  TIME COMMAND

radiusd     2202  0.1  0.6  8156 7760  p0  S+    6:34PM   0:01.08

/usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/radiusd -config_file ./test.cfg

And after the script is finished (a few hundred querys):

radiusd     2202  0.7  0.7 10196 9756  p0  S+    6:34PM   0:07.74
/usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/radiusd -config_file ./test.cf

Note the difference in size and resident set size values. If the server and
client are left to run longer, it will be so large that it will need to be
restarted. I can do this automatically with daemontools, but it is not a
fix.

This is not due a to a module load, since even on the first query, the
process does not jump megabytes in size.

Thanks.
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au