(RADIATOR) MaxSessions Problem

Alejandro Secades Gomez ALEXSG at princast.es
Thu Jan 3 06:46:35 CST 2002

I am trying to avoid any user to have more than one simultaneous session. I do it with:

<Realm princast>
    MaxSessions 1
</Realm>

but it doesn't seem to work. It even does not work when I test it with radpwtst (sending an Access-Request and a Start Accounting-Request and then sending them again).

We use a plain file (we are testing) to hold our users database, so we use a SQL database only to manage IP addresses. We have only one table RADPOOL. ¿Do we need any other accounting tables in our database to work with MaxSessions? Our real NAS is a 3COM one.

Thanks a lot.

P.D. our config file:
#------------------------------------------------------------
Foreground

LogStdout

LogDir          /perl/radiator/log
LogFile         /perl/radiator/log/radius.log

AuthPort        1645
AcctPort        1646

DbDir           /perl/radiator/config
DictionaryFile  /perl/radiator/config/diccionario.txt

Trace           4

<Client DEFAULT>
    Secret      ....
    DupInterval 2
</Client>

<AddressAllocator SQL>
    Identifier dir_reales
    DefaultLeasePeriod  28800

    DBSource    dbi:ODBC:ip_internet

    #we don't care about Pool. They are all the same.
    FindQuery   select TIME_STAMP,YIADDR,SUBNETMASK,DNSSERVER \
                from RADPOOL where STATE=0 order by TIME_STAMP

    <AddressPool pool1>
        Subnetmask     255.255.255.255
        DNSServer      195.55.30.16
        Range          195.55.30.100 195.55.31.255
    </AddressPool>
    <AddressPool pool2>
        Subnetmask     255.255.255.255
        DNSServer      195.55.30.16
        Range          195.55.100.1 195.55.101.255
    </AddressPool>
</AddressAllocator>

<Realm princast>
    PasswordLogFileName /perl/radiator/log/passwd.log
    AcctLogFileName     /perl/radiator/log/acct.log

    #permitir una sesión por usuario
    MaxSessions 1
    AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
    RewriteUsername     s/^([^@]+)\@princast/$1/

    <AuthBy FILE>
      Filename          %D/usuinfovia.txt

      AddToReply Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP,\
                 Framed-Routing=None,Framed-Compression=None,\
                 Ascend-Idle-Limit=10000,Ascend-Maximum-Time=0,\
                 User-Name=%u,Ascend-Metric=2
    </AuthBy>

    <AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
        Allocator        dir_reales
    </AuthBy>
</Realm>

Alejandro Secades Gómez.
Administrador de Sistemas.
Explotación y Sistemas. Gob. del  Principado  de Asturias.
alex at secades.com / alexsg at princast.es.
985105342 (int. 5342)
móvil desde PA: ext. 7236

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au