(RADIATOR) Authby ROUNDROBIN not using new hosts when sending HUP

Frank Danielson fdanielson at dataonair.com
Wed Feb 27 14:40:02 CST 2002

We're using a Radiator with Authby ROUNDROBIN to forward requests out to the
other servers. The problem that I am running in to is that if I do a kill
-HUP to get Radiator to reread the config file it doesn't seem to use the
new <Host> directives in the config file and keeps forwarding requests to
the old hosts. Do I just need to kill and restart Radiator? What I'm trying
to accomplish is a dynamic method of updating the remote RADIUS servers. I
looked at AuthBy SQLRADIUS but it didn't give the load balancing of
ROUNDROBIN and I didn't want the overhead of performing a database query for
every request. My config file includes a perl script that fetches the
current list of remote servers out of a database and returns appropraitely
formatted <Host> statements. My config file and sample output of
get_agents.pl follows:

cat radius.cfg
LogDir /usr/local/radius/log
DbDir /usr/local/radius/bin