(RADIATOR) Authby ROUNDROBIN not using new hosts when sending HUP

peter moody peter at enabledsites.com
Wed Feb 27 16:02:51 CST 2002

Frank Danielson wrote:
> We're using a Radiator with Authby ROUNDROBIN to forward requests out to the
> other servers. The problem that I am running in to is that if I do a kill
> -HUP to get Radiator to reread the config file it doesn't seem to use the
> new <Host> directives in the config file and keeps forwarding requests to
> the old hosts. Do I just need to kill and restart Radiator? What I'm trying

Frank,
this is very similar to what I experienced (i'm not sure how long you've
been on the list, but if you look at the thread "(RADIATOR) Strange
authlog behaviour, bug?" (originally started by Sam Nilsson, it's the same thing.
Changes made to config files are not picked up after a HUP, and only seem to
take affect after a full restart (ie, kill -TERM <pid of radius> && perl ./radiusd).
In turning this over in my head, the only thing I could come up with is
that it might have something to do with mulitple levels of includes.

radius.cfg :
Include %D/includes.cfg

includes.cfg:
Include %D/realms/<somerealm>

<somerealm>:
actual AuthBy's and what-not

but I haven't had the opportunity to trace this out just yet.

Hugh?  Anyone else?

--
Peter Moody		Systems Administrator
peter at enabledsites.com