(RADIATOR) time billing issues

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Dec 3 17:50:50 CST 2002

Hello Greg -

You are correct - if you lose a stop, you lose everything if your
billing is based on stops only.

Obviously, a system that takes into account "Alives" will be more
accurate.

The other difference to check is the difference between the start and
stop timestamps, and the time indicated in the accounting stop for the
Acct-Session-Time. Some NAS's count from the time the call was answered
(including modem training etc.) while others count from the time the
actual session started (excluding modem training, etc.).

You will need to do some detailed investigation to see exactly what is
happening.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au