(RADIATOR) NumHosts in SQLRadius

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 20 02:26:39 CDT 2002

Hello Martin -

For the first point, no you cannot specify the number of hosts in the
database, but I don't believe you need to have the number specified in
any case as the query will just fail and fall back to the local Host
definition.

For the StatsLog, I suggest yo try some experiments to see what you get
(and have a look at Radar).

On Tuesday, August 20, 2002, at 02:52 AM, Martin Edge wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> Is there anyway to set NumHosts dynamically? Say perhaps via the first
> SQLRADIUS lookup, it returns the NumHosts variable?
>
> I'd prefer to not have to hard set this, as I'm trying to design the
> system
> around a dynamic number of destination RADIUS servers..
>
> also..
>
> What type of detail can I expect with trying to run StatsLogSQL with
> SQLRADIUS, as I would like to be able to scalably count the
> request/responses along with the number of downstream ISPs I am
> supporting.
>> From what I read in the documentation, statistics are kept for each
> "Identifier", the SQLRADIUS itself as an Identifier, but each downstream
> within the database, I would expect does not have it's own unique
> Identifier..
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au