(RADIATOR) NumHosts in SQLRadius

Martin Edge martinedge at kbs.net.au
Tue Aug 20 02:44:26 CDT 2002

Yeah, the issue is that SQLRadius works around the default of a maximum 2
within the object code.. (or whatever I manually set it to).

Technically perhaps I could make the value so 'large' that it would hit
no-rows first, and have to bail to the Host Failover settings..

The difference is, the way I have setup SQLRADIUS, I'm not limited by a set
of hosts, for instance, in the configuration you supply within the goodies
directory..

HostSelect select R.HOST%0, R.SECRET, R.AUTHPORT, \
R.ACCTPORT, R.RETRIES, R.RETRYTIMEOUT, \
R.USEOLDASCENDPASSWORDS, R.SERVERHASBROKENPORTNUMBERS, \
R.SERVERHASBROKENADDRESSES, R.IGNOREREPLYSIGNATURE, \
R.FAILUREPOLICY from RADSQLRADIUS R, RADSQLRADIUSINDIRECT I \
 where I.SOURCENAME='%{Called-Station-Id}' and I.TARGETNAME=R.TARGETNAME

In this example, NumHosts 2 is fine, because if we exceed this, It's
designed to fallover to the default host config, the database structure has
limited any further hosts being configurd.

My issue is, there can be any number of RADIUS hosts, and I'd like to design
the system so that it's happy to figure out how many hosts it has to choose
from.

My HostSelect:

HostSelect

SELECT downh.ip_address, downh.secret, downh.authport, downh.acctport,
downh.retries, downh.retrytimeout, downh.failurebackofftime,
down.failurepolicy,  down.addtoreply, down.stripfromreply,
down.allowinreply, down.addtoreplyifnotexist, down.defaultreply,
down.addtorequest, down.stripfromrequest, down.addtorequestifnotexist,
down.useoldascendpasswords, down.serverhasbrokenportnumbers,
down.serverhasbrokenaddresses, down.ignorereplysignature

FROM downstream_host downh, downstream_dnis ddnis, downstream down,
downstream_host_preference downhp

WHERE ddnis.dnis = '%{Called-Station-Id}' and  ddnis.target_id =
downhp.target_id and downhp.hostid = downh.hostid and ddnis.target_id =
down.target_id and downhp.preftype = '%{Packet-Type}' and  downhp.priority =
'%0';

Perhaps the NumHosts flag could be rewrite to accept an SQL Query as well
that allowed Radiator to figure out how many RADIUS targets maximum it had
to deal with.. ?

Stats: Yeah Cool :)

Thanks,
Martin