(RADIATOR) Issue with restartWrapper

Marc Liyanage mliyanage at futurelab.ch
Sat Aug 10 04:07:08 CDT 2002

On Samstag, August 10, 2002, at 03:12  Uhr, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Then I use fully qualified pathnames in my scripts (including perl).
>
> PERL=/usr/bin/perl
> RADIUSDIR=/usr/local/src/Radiator/Radiator-3.1
> RESTARTWRAPPER=RADIUSDIR/goodies/restartWrapper
> RADIATOR_CONFIG=/usr/local/etc/radius/radius.cfg
> RADIATOR_ARGS=
>
> 	PERL RADIUSDIR/radiusd .......
>
> This way, I can keep different versions of Radiator and switch amongst
> them quickly and easily.
>
> And the same is true of Perl itself if I need to have different
> versions of Perl available.

This all sounds very reasonable. But then I would suggest that you at
least make sure that all scripts you deliver contain the *same* perl
line, not some with /usr/bin/perl and others with /usr/local/bin/perl.

Additionally, those lines you suggested above should be incorporated
into your init script. Explicitly running perl and passing the radiusd
or restartWrapper scripts as arguments instead of invoking them
directly is a smart solution to my problem, so it would be nice if your
init script used this method by default.

The reason I'm interested in useful defaults is that we use only RPMs
in our system. Ideally I want to use your code unaltered and all my
changes or site-specific customizations should end up in my RPM spec
file. Every change I have to do in your code means I either have to
replace it with our own version or write a separate patch file and
apply that during the package build. The /usr/local/bin/perl is an
example. The default on almost every system I know is /usr/bin/perl.

Cheers

-Marc

Marc Liyanage                                        futureLAB AG

                                          phone:  +41 52 260 22 10
mliyanage at futurelab.ch                   fax:    +41 52 260 22 23
http://www.futurelab.ch                  mobile: +41 76 554 22 10

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au