(RADIATOR) Issue with restartWrapper

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 9 20:12:51 CDT 2002

Hello Marc -

I tend to prefer to use the source tarball and keep each Radiator
version seperate.

	cd /usr/local/src
	mkdir Radiator
	cd Radiator
	mv .../Radiator-3.1.tgz .
	zcat Radiator-3.1.tgz| tar -xvf -
	cd Radiator-3.1
	perl Makefile.PL; make; make test  # **DO NOT INSTALL**

Then I use fully qualified pathnames in my scripts (including perl).

PERL=/usr/bin/perl
RADIUSDIR=/usr/local/src/Radiator/Radiator-3.1
RESTARTWRAPPER=RADIUSDIR/goodies/restartWrapper
RADIATOR_CONFIG=/usr/local/etc/radius/radius.cfg
RADIATOR_ARGS=

	PERL RADIUSDIR/radiusd .......

This way, I can keep different versions of Radiator and switch amongst
them quickly and easily.

And the same is true of Perl itself if I need to have different versions
of Perl available.

Additionaly, it is obvious from the startup scripts what version I am
actually running and which configuration file is active. I find it is
*much* better doing it this way and much simpler for systems admin folks
who come along afterwards who have to try and understand what is going
on (and god forbid fix any problems).

Just my own views.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au