(RADIATOR) Making Exec-Program safe

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Thu Apr 25 14:37:21 CDT 2002

First of all, thanks for the Exec-Program special reply item! It works
like a charm!

Here are two related requests or questions.

1) It would be nice if Radiator DEBUG logged that the program was run
and perhaps the return value.

2) Is there any way to lock down this feature? We love that our Call
Center folks can implement these advanced features now by just adding
this reply item in our GUI. But what's to prevent them from entering a
value "reboot" or "fdisk"? I was wondering if a global parameter called
ExecSetUid could be added which would be used when shelling the
Exec-Program command. That should give us all the power we need to keep
things under control.

Thanks!

Dave