(RADIATOR) Multiple realms in handler

Ken Kirkby ken at terrigal.net.au
Sun Sep 16 21:26:47 CDT 2001

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Matt -
>
> No there is no limit to the number of Realms or Handlers, however Handlers
> are evaluated individually in the order they appear in the configuration file.
> (Realms are looked up directly in a table.)
>
> The alternative is to run two levels of radius servers, the first one will
> only match on "Called-Station-Id" and will proxy to another instance of
> Radiator (either on this box or another box) which will then do the
> distribution to the the various Realms. There is a special module in the
> "goodies" directory to do exactly this, called "CalledStationId.pm". It is
> used instead of a Realm or Handler, like this:
>
> # define special clauses for Called-Station-Id
>
> <CalledStationId 1111111>
> </CalledStationId>
>
> <CalledStationId 2222222>
> </CalledStationId>

> The CalledStationId.pm module must be copied into the "Radius" subdirectory
> (and installed if required) to make it available for use.
>
> Handlers are evaluated in the order they appear in the configuration file, so
> you should have the most often used ones first and the less used ones towards
> the end. The other thing to keep in mind is that the more specific Handlers
> must appear *before* the more general ones so they get evaluated properly.
>
> hth
>
> Hugh
>
> On Monday 17 September 2001 10:57, Matt Scifo wrote:
> > Hugh,
> >
> > Is there a max number of handlers that I can have in a cfg?  To implement
> > two-stage proxy the way you suggested, I will end up having approx. 500
> > handler clauses.  Does the number of clauses in the cfg file effect the
> > performance of radiator?
> >
> > Matt

Hello Hugh,

I've been following this with interest. We want to implement a block
with
called-station-id and called-number-id so as to prevent STD calls from
an ambiguously located exchange area.

For example we'd like to block calls from 0265773xxx and 0265774xxx to
0265473002. What is the most effective way of implementing this?
A specific handler, or combination with database.

On another subject we'd also like for signup purposes to treat the
username as the password to a proxied radius server. We've tried rolling
%U the username into the password variable %P for ongoing presentation
to the
proxy, but reencrypting the password seems to defeat the process.

Suggestions or specific examples would be appreciated.

I couldnt seem to find anything relevant in the archives.

Many thanks for the ongoing development and support.
--
                	         Ken Kirkby
	PLC Peripherals * Nobbys Net + Terrigal Net
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au