(RADIATOR) Multiple realms in handler

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Sep 16 21:03:05 CDT 2001

Hello Matt -

No there is no limit to the number of Realms or Handlers, however Handlers
are evaluated individually in the order they appear in the configuration file.
(Realms are looked up directly in a table.)

The alternative is to run two levels of radius servers, the first one will
only match on "Called-Station-Id" and will proxy to another instance of
Radiator (either on this box or another box) which will then do the
distribution to the the various Realms. There is a special module in the
"goodies" directory to do exactly this, called "CalledStationId.pm". It is
used instead of a Realm or Handler, like this:

# define special clauses for Called-Station-Id

<CalledStationId 1111111>
</CalledStationId>

<CalledStationId 2222222>
</CalledStationId>

The CalledStationId.pm module must be copied into the "Radius" subdirectory
(and installed if required) to make it available for use.

Handlers are evaluated in the order they appear in the configuration file, so
you should have the most often used ones first and the less used ones towards
the end. The other thing to keep in mind is that the more specific Handlers
must appear *before* the more general ones so they get evaluated properly.

hth

Hugh

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au