(RADIATOR) Need clarification on AuthSelect with AuthColumnDef

Jay West jlwest at tseinc.com
Thu Oct 18 15:15:55 CDT 2001

Can't seem to get radiator 2.18.4 to pass the correct reply items back to
the nas. We used the default radmin.cfg, and implemented the changes at the
top that are listed in the comments for if you want to add things like
Framed-IP-Netmask, Idle-Timeout, etc.

According to the Docs, you can specify your OWN Authselect, and then your
AuthColumnDef should start at 0, with 0 being the first item passed back
AFTER the required first four items. However, this doesn't seem to work (ie.
the easy example of how to add things like Framed-IP-Netmask doesn't work).
This isn't a database problem or anything, because it does get the
Framed-IP-Address correctly for each user, but there is no Framed-IP-Netmask
in the reply (shown with radpwtst -trace).

Has anyone else run into this, and what is the fix? I have read the docs on
AuthColumnDef and feel like there's some piece that I'm missing. The LAST
attempt I made I tried specifying everything in the reply rather than just
the additions (according to the docs, this isn't necessary, but I was out of
other ideas...)

                AuthSelect      select PASS_WORD,\

STATICADDRESS,TIMELEFT,MAXLOGINS,FRAMED_NETMASK,FRAMED_FILTER_ID,\
                                MAXIDLETIME \
                                from RADUSERS where \
                                USERNAME='%n' and BADLOGINS < 5 and \
                                VALIDFROM < %t and VALIDTO > %t
                AuthColumnDef   0,User-Password,check
                AuthColumnDef   1,Framed-IP-Address,reply
                AuthColumnDef   2,Session-Timeout,reply
                AuthColumnDef   3,Session-Timeout,reply
                AuthColumnDef   4,Framed-IP-Netmask,reply
                AuthColumnDef   5,Filter-Id,reply
                AuthColumnDef   6,Idle-Timeout,reply

This gets me no Framed-IP-Netmask in the radpwtst -trace

But Here is the stock radmin.cfg from the radiator distribution, and I get
the same results...

# You can add extra items to your RADUSERS table and make
# Radiator take note of them with, for example:
# AuthSelect select PASS_WORD,STATICADDRESS,TIMELEFT,\
#            MAXLOGINS,FRAMED_NETMASK,FRAMED_FILTER_ID,MAXIDLETIME \
#            from RADUSERS where \
#            USERNAME='%n' and BADLOGINS < 5 and \
#            VALIDFROM < %t and VALIDTO > %t
# AuthColumnDef   0,Framed-IP-Netmask,reply
# AuthColumnDef   1,Filter-Id,reply
# AuthColumnDef   2,Idle-Timeout,reply
# note that the numbering of AuthColumnDef starts with the
# field following the first 4 minumum and required fields.

This also gets me no Framed-IP-Netmask in the radpwtst -trace

The net effect is we want a stock config, but with the addition of
FRAMED_NETMASK, FRAMED_FILTER_ID, and MAXIDLETIME

Any ideas???

Jay West

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au