(RADIATOR) Multiple Accounting Stop Records

William Hernandez whr at essnet.com
Thu Oct 18 15:46:06 CDT 2001

Hello everyone,

After some checking we've found out that the TotalControls cannot
be configured to not retransmit accounting records. The problem
is that we have these multiple stop records in the detail file
which create a billing problem for us. Right now I run a perl
script to cleanup the detail file, but I'm wondering whether the
following will work.

The idea is to only write to the accounting detail files the
accounting start records and the accounting stop records that
have an Acct-Delay-Time of 0. All other accounting requests would
be ignored.

Right now I use Handlers. In this setup I would replace each
Handler in my current radius.cfg with 3 Handlers. This would be a
one time pain, but I wouldn't have to run the perl script and
everything would be right in the radius.cfg.

Here goes:

<Handler Realm=domain.com Request-Type=Access-Request>
	as before.....with the AcctLogFileName line removed
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=domain.com Request-Type=Accounting-Request
Acct-Status-Type=1>
	AcctLogFileName /var/log/radacct/detail
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=domain.com Request-Type=Accounting-Request
Acct-Status-Type=2 Acct-Delay-Time=0>
	AcctLogFileName /var/log/radacct/detail
</Handler>

Does it make sense? Do I need an AuthBy clause if I'm only
handling Accounting-Request?

Thanks in advance,
William