(RADIATOR) Question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue May 22 00:08:15 CDT 2001

Hello Quintin -

> I have purchased the Radiator and under evaluation.  And I have a question
> on the use of the check attribute "Group".
>
> According to the use of attribute Group, it will check under /etc/group. As
> all we know that it is only a secondary group in /etc/group.  Is there any
> feature compatible with Livingston attribute "group"??  Livingston
> attribute "group" will check the primary gid in /etc/passwd.  This is a
> important feature for most of the ISP.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

AuthBy UNIX and AuthBy SYSTEM check both primary and secondary groups.

You generally set them up like this:

# configure AuthBy clauses in configuration file

<AuthBy FILE>
	Identifier CheckFILE

<AuthBy UNIX>
	Identifer CheckUNIX

# configure Realms (or Handlers)

<Realm ....>
	AuthBy CheckFILE
</Realm>

Then the users file would contain something like this:

# users file DEFAULT definitions

DEFAULT  Auth-Type = CheckUNIX, Group = nnnnn

hth

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au