(RADIATOR) Blocktime from a proxy server

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jun 28 08:37:36 CDT 2001

Hello Ken -

At 10:59 PM +1100 6/28/01, Ken Kirkby wrote:
>Im just having some difficulty in getting my head around block time
>from a proxy server, as to how the transfer of variables takes place
>in order to set a session time. I have the time available returned from
>the proxy server which I wish to set as a session-limit. While our
>SQL derived block time works ok, I cant come up with a combination that
>works.
>
>Version is 2.18.2
>
>I have the following AuthBy Radius config in theory anyway, but I keep
>getting either av-pair errors, or errors on parsing the config file.
>
>  <AuthBy RADIUS>
>	Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>	Secret xxxxxxxxxx
>	AuthPort 1645
>	AcctPort 1646
>	RetryTimeout 10
>	AddToRequest Session-Time
>	AllowInReply Session-Timeout
>	AcctFailedLogFileName	%L/misseddetails.%Y%m%d
>
>But would the PostAuthCheckBlockTimeLeft or similar be needed here.
>
>     </AuthBy>
>
>Hugh mentioned a request attribute in his reply on Blocktime around
>22nd of April, but that was tied up with AuthColumnDef with AuthBy
>SQL. I cant see any proxy radius configs in the archive that are
>relevant.

Correct. I was discussing an AuthBy SQL specifically.

If you are proxying to a remote radius server, and that radius server
sends back a Session-Timeout reply attribute, then there is nothing
that you have to do on your end. But perhaps I don't understand the
problem?

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au