(RADIATOR) SimultaneousUse using internal session database

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jun 19 03:35:19 CDT 2001

Hello Dave, Hello Vangelis -

Dave is correct in his comments below.

There are several things to be aware of with session databases in general.

First - the NAS stores the string that was entered by the user in its
internal table of active connections (usually). This means that you
need the original string for comparison purposes if you are going to
query the NAS.

Second - the original internal session database only includes one
username string and for the reason given above, it is the original
string.

Third - if you are doing simultaneous use checking between multiple
copies of Radiator (ie. a primary and a secondary, or multiple
load-shared servers), you must use an SQL session database so all
instances of Radiator have the same view of the current online
population.

Therefore, we give you the option with the SQL session database to
modify the default schema to include both versions of the username
string if you wish to, and we also give you to option to supply your
own session database queries so you can query the NAS with the
original username string and do your counts on the rewritten username
string.

hth

Hugh

ps - the format of the internal session database is unlikely to
change any time soon, although it is on our list ....

--

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au