(RADIATOR) CVX VSAs (again, sorry)

John Coy jcoy at anc.net
Mon Jun 18 22:31:30 CDT 2001

Hey guys,

I never really got a good answer on the extended VSA support
on the Nortel CVX chassis and Radiator.  I noticed from the
Aptis RADIUS dictionary (which uses some kind of macro language)
that some of the VSAs are different than the others.  There's
a line that says:

#
# The CVX supports both regular and extended format VSAs
#
MACRO AptisVSA1(t,s) 26 [vid=2637 type1=%t% len1=+2 data=%s%]
MACRO AptisVSA4(t,s) 26 [vid=2637 type4=%t% len1=+5 data=%s%]

Everything is the same excep that "type4" and "type1" field, and
the "lenl" field (+2 vs +5).  I'm not exactly sure what those values
mean, but I was hoping that Hugh or Mike might be able to explain
it?

In any case, one of the attributes I'm interested looks like this
in the Aptis dictionary:

#
# VSA definitions with 4-octet sub-attribute types
#
ATTRIBUTE CVX-PPP-ConnectLimit AptisVSA4(0x85210066, integer) r

Here's the same entry in my RADIUS dictionary (obtained
from the distribution dictionary):

VENDORATTR 2637 CVX-PPP-ConnectLimit            0x85210066 integer

The hex code and the vendor ID is the same, but I am a bit concerned
about that "4-octet sub-attribute type" issue.  It seems that
all of the attributes defined as "4-octet sub-attribute types" in
the Aptis dictionary do not work properly in the RADIATOR dictionary.

However, I am receiving/sending the CVX VSAs with "1-octet sub-attribute types"
(for example, CVX-Identification, CVX-VPOP-ID, etc).

If you guys could look at this I'd really appreciate it.... I think
it's broken, but I don't know enough about it to be sure.  If I can
help in *any* way let me know.

Here's a link to that Aptis RADIUS dictionary:
http://zipdial.ziplink.net/docs/aptis-dict.html if you want to take
a gander.

John Coy
Arkansas.Net