(RADIATOR) Using client list identifiers in handler

Griff Hamlin griff3 at quik.com
Mon Jul 9 17:16:31 CDT 2001

Hello,

Is it possible to have a handler that uses an 'identifier' from and SQL
client list? In the docs, it says that the following sql statement is
the default, and that the fields must come in this order. However, I
don't see 'identifier' or any such device listed unless NASIDENTIFIER is
an identifier that I can make up, similar to the regular client list,
instead of the nas IP address as I'm guessing.

select NASIDENTIFIER,SECRET,IGNOREACCTSIGNATURE,DUPINTERVAL,

DEFAULTREALM,NASTYPE,SNMPCOMMUNITY,LIVINGSTONOFFS,
                         LIVINGSTONHOLE,FRAMEDGROUPBASEADDRESS,
                         FRAMEDGROUPMAXPORTSPERCLASSC,REWRITEUSERNAME,
                         NOIGNOREDUPLICATES,PREHANDLERHOOK from
RADCLIENTLIST

Furthermore, assuming that I have an identifier in a client block (not
in sql format, though I'd prefer that if I can):

<Client 192.168.25.6)    #the ip address is irrelevant
secret mysecret
identifier myradclient
</Client>

can I then do

<Handler identifier = myradclient>
    #stuff
</Handler>

If this is not possible, is it possible to make a handler that utilizes
the ip address of the actual radius client instead of the NAS ip address
in case they are different which sometimes happens from some of our
clients?

Griff Hamlin, III

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au