(RADIATOR) Auth by Text Questions

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Jul 6 23:43:20 CDT 2001

Hello Todd -

At 13:49 -0700 01/7/6, Todd Dokey wrote:
>I just had Radiator dropped into my lap this last week amidst other things.
>
>I must be missing a REAL OBVIOUS issue, but I can't get my Radiator to auth
>off of a file.
>
>This is on a Linux box with the rpm file for the install.
>
>The file is traditional in that it points the logfiles and gets the users
>file from the normal spots.
>The files are there.
>
>In radius.cfg is where I have the case of the "DUH"s going on.
>
>The only Authby Text clause I have is at the bottom (the standard DEFAULT)
>and have added above it Client lists of the modems sending the requests.
>
>Those I sorted by location and type, so they swap out dictionaries as
>needed.

You can only specify a single dictionary file for Radiator, and you
should start off with the standard "dictionary" file and add any
additional entries to it with your favourite text editor.

>That is about all I did.  Radiator starts okay, but won't authenticate off
>localhost (yes, built that entry.. once as in the example "localhost" and
>redone as 127.0.0.1.
>
>I looked over the logs, it seems to start, but then doesn't complete.

I will need to see a copy of the configuration file (no secrets),
together with a trace 4 debug from Radiator showing what is happening
at startup.

thanks

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au