(RADIATOR) Auth by Text Questions

Todd Dokey tdokey at inreach.com
Fri Jul 6 15:49:27 CDT 2001

I just had Radiator dropped into my lap this last week amidst other things.

I must be missing a REAL OBVIOUS issue, but I can't get my Radiator to auth
off of a file.

This is on a Linux box with the rpm file for the install.

The file is traditional in that it points the logfiles and gets the users
file from the normal spots.
The files are there.

In radius.cfg is where I have the case of the "DUH"s going on.

The only Authby Text clause I have is at the bottom (the standard DEFAULT)
and have added above it Client lists of the modems sending the requests.

Those I sorted by location and type, so they swap out dictionaries as
needed.

That is about all I did.  Radiator starts okay, but won't authenticate off
localhost (yes, built that entry.. once as in the example "localhost" and
redone as 127.0.0.1.

I looked over the logs, it seems to start, but then doesn't complete.

So my long verbose note here is to ask if my brain is kludged in the
understanding of the way to set up a radius.cfg file.

File information (logs and users file)

Client lists with features

Authby Text issues

End of file.