(RADIATOR) some issues regarding Radiator

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Jul 1 08:27:29 CDT 2001

Hello Faisal -

At 14:15 +0500 01/7/1, Syed Faisal Qadri wrote:
>Hello Everybody,
>
>I would like to have information on the following few points:
>
>- Is it possible to store accounting logs on two places at the same time
>i.e.
>    logging logs on two different machine having database installed in
>it, and
>    tell me how to implement it.

Very simple:

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier DB1

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier DB2

# define Handlers

<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
	AuthBy DB1
	AuthBy DB2
</Handler>

The above should provide an example - you may need to alter it for
your own needs and environment.

>- Multiple logins can be restricted through the Radiator but is it
>possible to
>   disconnect users on will (those users who are getting -ve online) I
>have
>   Livingston-PM2e and Lucent MAX-3000 access servers in my
>   environment. if it is possible then how.

This depends on the NAS equipment. Some equipment now supports the
relatively recent "Disconnect-Request", but you will need to check
with your vendor. Otherwise you may have to write a script that will
log in to the NAS and issue whatever command is required to
disconnect the user.

>- I have local Linux password file for authentication and in this
>scenario how
>   could I implement CLI feature of Radiator, how to use Linux password
>file
>   and database for CLI purpose at the same time kindly elaborate.

You will have to use cascaded AuthBy clauses with the usernames and
CLI information in a file, and usernames and passwords in the
password file.

Here is an example:

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy FILE>
	Identifier CheckCLI
	Filename %D/users.cli
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy UNIX>
	Identifier CheckUsers

# define Realm or Handler

<Handler ....>
	AuthBy CheckCLI
</Handler>

The file %D/users.cli would contain something like this:

# users.cli - check CLI then check password file

username1  Calling-Station-Id = nnnnnnnn, Auth-Type = CheckUsers

username2  Calling-Station-Id = mmmmmmmm, Auth-Type = CheckUsers

hth

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au