[RADIATOR] 2 Factor authentication via Authby LDAP2 and Authby OTP

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Jan 17 12:23:38 UTC 2022

On 17.1.2022 10.11, Sagar Malam wrote:

> I need one more help. I would like to get a phone number from LDAP ( AD
> ) and use it in a challenge hook to send SMS to it.
> I tried to set it  in auth by ldap2 :
> AuthAttrDef phoneNumber, request
>
> But it is not working for me. Am I doing it the right way ? Can you
> please provide me some direction on this ?

Try this:

   AuthAttrDef phoneNumber, X-Phone-Number, request

For details, look for AuthAttrDef in the reference manual:
https://files.radiatorsoftware.com/radiator/ref.pdf

That adds the phoneNumber LDAP attribute value, if returned with search
results, to request object as an attribute named 'X-Phone-Number'. You
can then access it with %{Request:X-Phone-Number} or with equivalent
short form: %{X-Phone-Number}.

Attributes that start with 'X-' are not special. I've simply used an
attribute name that is not present in the Radius dictionary. This avoids
overwriting any real Radius attributes already present in the request.
It also keeps the attibute internal because it can not be proxied
without a dictionary entry. This can be helpful with proxy configurations.

Thanks,
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen