[RADIATOR] Simple Question Regarding Realm Handling

Ullfig, Roberto Alfredo rullfig at uic.edu
Thu Jan 6 15:37:02 UTC 2022

We are now using UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm whereas before we required the domain not be included.

<Handler ConvertedFromEAPMSCHAPV2=1>
        <AuthBy NTLM>
                UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm
                DefaultDomain AD
        </AuthBy>

But I believe this will strip remote domains as well - so someone could enter a remote domain and it would still work (as long as they have an account locally of course). Would adding a new handler above like the following fix this?

<Handler ConvertedFromEAPMSCHAPV2=1 Realm=/^(?:.+\.)*uic\.edu$/i>
        <AuthBy NTLM>
                UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm
                DefaultDomain AD
        </AuthBy>

We want to allow both username and username at uic.edu - but not accept something like username at usa.gov.

---
Roberto Ullfig - rullfig at uic.edu
Systems Administrator
Enterprise Applications & Services | Technology Solutions
University of Illinois - Chicago