[RADIATOR] Radiator, Log SYSLOG and TCP buffering

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Aug 8 14:13:48 UTC 2022

On 2.8.2022 3.49, Stefan Paetow (OpenSource) wrote:

> So, our existing setup is built such that it uses UDP to send stuff to a
> central syslog server. My problem is that we lose messages from Radiator
> when the central syslog server has to restart (systems upgrades etc).
> Does Radiator have any spooling capability in the SYSLOG Log
> configuration options like the system rsyslogd does?

Radiator syslog does not do spooling.

> Thoughts?
I would configure Radiator to sent to local syslog and let the local
rsyslogd do forwarding and spooling.

If you decide to use this option, please let us know how it goes.

I wasn't aware that rsyslogd has this functionality. It seems like a
good candidate for a suggested configuration when remote syslog is needed.

Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen
OSC, makers of Radiator