[RADIATOR] radiator requires systemd?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Nov 30 11:17:23 UTC 2021

On 30.11.2021 0.46, Michael wrote:

> yes Debian default was changed to systemd.  i change the default back to
> sysvinit.  I'll try installing from source thanks.

The source packages remain as they have always been. As Dubravko wrote,
the deb packages target systems with systemd. The .tgz and .zip packages
  are for other init methods, custom installations and other operating
systems. There's also a generic init.d file for linux in
goodies/linux-radiator.init

How the deb packages set up the installation is described here:

https://files.radiatorsoftware.com/radiator/ref/Linux-deb-Installation.html

The similar setup is used with RPM packages too.

Logrotate configuration is available in goodies as goodies/logrotate and
systemd unit files are goodies/radiator*.service

Thanks,
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen