[RADIATOR] HandleAcctStatusTypes on AuthBYRADIUS

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Nov 20 12:01:47 UTC 2020

On 18.11.2020 15.38, Bruno Tiago Rodrigues wrote:
> It turns out HandleAcctStatusType is exactly what I needed. It's on the
> source for AuthRADIUS.pm. It works as expected, as far as I've tried.
> I'm a happy camper.
>
> Is there any reason why it is not mentioned anywhere on the reference
> guide as supported on AuthBy RADIUS and just for AuthBy SQL and AuthBy
> MULTICAST ?

It's likely just missing from the reference manual. I see no reason not
to have it documented. A closer look shows that it's actually
implemented by AuthBy RADIUS. AuthBy MULTICAST, being a type of AuthBy
RADIUS, gets its support from there. This also means HASHBALANCE,
LOADBALANCE, etc. also support HandleAcctStatusTypes.

Also, AuthBy RADSEC, DNSROAM, GROUP, FIDELIO and REST also support it.

I'll make a note that the reference manual gets updated.

Thaks for brining this to our attention!

Related to the above, something like this can also be used for the
similar function (please test it before using it):

<Handler Request-Type=Accounting-Request, Acct-Status-Type=Start|Stop>
    # AuthBy to do the processing
</Handler>

<Handler Request-Type=Accounting-Request>
    <AuthBy INTERNAL>
       DefaultResult REJECT
       AcctResult ACCEPT
    </AuthBy>
</Handler>

It's longer to configure than HandleAcctStatusTypes but might be useful
in some cases to clearly separate different accounting message types.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.